Join The Discussion
Fort Worth's top CEOs honored at FWBP eventAugust 20, 2014
Grant James of Community Trust Bank, Sy Sohmer of BRIT, Top CEO of a Nonprofit, and Nick Karanges, Fort Worth Business Press publisher.
James, Top Private CEO Larry Anfin, Karanges.
James, Top Public CEO Roe Patterson of Basic Energy, Karanges
Photos by Alyson Peyton Perkins
The Fort Worth Business Press announced its Top CEOs last night at its Top 100 event held at the Fort Worth Club.
Taking home the Top CEO award for private companies was Larry Anfin of Coors Distributing, while Roe Patterson of Basic Energy was named Top CEO among Fort Worth’s public companies.
This year a new award was added to honor the Top CEO of a nonprofit. Sy Sohmer of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas took home that award.
Anfin, who, along with his brothers, recently sold Coors Distributing to Andrews Distributing, said he expected to be back at another company before long.
“I’ve got to find something else to do,” he said. “This is not retirement.
Paterson said he was honored to receive the award on behalf of the many employees at the growing Basic Energy, an oilfield services provider.
Sohmer, who helped BRIT grow its budget from $175,000 to $3.2 million, said part of the reason he joined BRIT was because of Fort Worth.
“It was, and is, a great community,” he said.
Other awards went to:
• Classic Chevrolet, Breaking into the Top 10, private companies
• AZZ inc, Breaking into the Top 10, public companies
• Fort Construction, Greatest Advancement, private companies
• Range Resources, Greatest Advancement, public companies
* Insight Equity, Largest Revenue Gain, private companies
* D.R. Horton, Largest Revenue Gain, public company
* CE-DFW Warehouse Solution, Strategic Management, private company
* Range Resources, Strategic Management, public company
* Empire Roofing, Top Women-owned Business
* Hernco Inc, D&M Auto Leasing, Minority-owned Business
New categories were also added to honor companies in their industry category. Those receiving honors were:
Construction: Infinity Contractors
Energy: Summit Casing
Financial Services: Weaver
Manufacturing: Fitz Aerospace
Residential Real Estate: Randy White Real Estate
Technology: Sabre Holdings Corp.
The Fort Worth Business Press chooses the honorees based on its Top 100 list of private companies and list of public companies. Thes presenting sponsor of the Top 100 event was sponsored by Community Trust Bank.