Railroad Commission launches new websiteJune 9, 2014
Join The Discussion
The Railroad Commission of Texas hopes its new website makes for a more user-friendly experience when seeking online resources for oil and gas industry regulations and other commission-regulated industries.
“The new website is the final product of the commission taking input last September from stakeholders on three different proposed designs,” said Chairman Barry Smitherman in a news release.
“This final design is a blend of the different characteristics most favored by those who filled out surveys on the three options provided,” Smitherman said.
The website is a portion of phase one of the agency’s information technology modernization effort aimed at giving the public better and easier access to agency data. That includes everything from Texas oil and gas production statistics to drilling permits, said Commissioner David Porter.
Features of the new website include:
· An index of pages organized by industry: “Oil & Gas,” “Gas Services,” “Pipeline Safety,” “Mining & Exploration,” and “Alternative Fuels”;
· Audience-specific web pages for consumers, land and mineral owners and media;
· A “Resource Center” web page under “About Us” that allows users to find the most commonly used commission resources and services, including online research queries, GIS map viewer and frequently asked questions;
· A “Calendar of Events” on the home page listing all events, training and certifications hosted by the commission; and
· A responsive design that allows users to view the commission’s website on smartphones and tablets.
The commission’s previous website will be available to the public at www.old.rrc.state.tx.us. The new website can be viewed at www.rrc.texas.gov.