Join The Discussion

 

Trademark closes on 63-acre Waterside site in Fort Worth

Construction begins Oct. 20 on the development, to be anchored by a Whole Foods Market.

read more >

UPDATE: $215M hotel, indoor ski project planned for Grand Prairie

Officials in Grand Prairie are expected later today to announce a $215 million project that will include a Hard Rock Hotel and an indoor ski facility.

read more >

Two Fort Worth council members propose temporary single-family moratorium around TCU

The moratorium would apply to new permits for single-family homes around TCU, and give the city time to figure out what to do with a controversial proposed overlay in several neighborhoods around the university.

read more >

Fresh Ebola fears hit airline stocks

DALLAS (AP) — News that a nurse diagnosed with Ebola flew on a plane full of passengers raised fear among airline investors that the scare over the virus could cause travelers to avoid flying.

read more >

Landscape architect behind several TCU landmarks acquired

The Dallas design firm behind several Texas Christian University projects, as well as Globe Life Park in Arlington and AT&T Stadium, has been acquired by Rvi Planning + Landscape Architecture.

read more >

New Isis theater has new owner

The New Isis Theater. Photo by Robert Francis

Scott Nishimura
snishimura@bizpress.net

Aledo investor Larry White Jr. has purchased the historic New Isis theater in the Fort Worth Stockyards. 

White bought the 11,780-square-foot building and site at 2401 N. Main St. from Anastasia Talsma, who had the property listed for sale for years.

White holds the distinction of being the only purchaser of all four grand champion animals at the Fort Worth Stock Show’s annual Sale of Champions. White could not be immediately reached for comment.

Trey Presswood of Panther Real Estate Solutions represented Talsma. Eric Walsh of HGC Commercial represented White.

The Tarrant Appraisal District valued the property at $438,170 for market purposes in its 2014 valuations. The building was constructed in 1936 replacing a previous theater on the site. 

According to J'Nell Pate's Fort Worth Stockyards book, the building traces its roots to a medicine show at the stockyards. Louis Tidball, a North Fort Worth banker, took over the medicine show when t he owner was unable to pay  off a loan. A film show that was part of the medicine show was a part of the medicine show and Tidball then built the original building in 1913. 
 

< back

Email   email
hide
Ebola
How worried are you about Ebola spreading?