Join The Discussion

 

Super PAC Men: How political consultants took a Fort Worth oilman on a wild ride

The head of a Texas oil dynasty joined the parade of wealthy political donors, aiming to flip the Senate to Republicans. By the time consultants were done with him, the war chest was drained and fraud allegations were flying

read more >

Bridge collapse on I-35 north of Austin

SALADO, Texas (AP) — Emergency crews are responding to a reported bridge collapse along an interstate in Central Texas.

read more >

Bon Appétit: New French restaurant dishes out the finest in Fort Worth

Barely open six months, Le Cep, a contemporary French restaurant proffering fine dining, is stirring up Fort Worth’s culinary scene.

read more >

Latin-inspired restaurant set to open in downtown Fort Worth

Downtown Fort Worth’s dining scene is about to get spicier with the opening of a new restaurant featuring Latin-inspired coastal cuisine.

read more >

Amazon begins Prime Now program in Dallas area

If you just have to have it now, as in one hour, you can, at least in the Dallas area, as Amazon.com Inc. announced Thursday it will offer Prime Now.

read more >

 

New Isis theater has new owner

The New Isis Theater. Photo by Robert Francis

Scott Nishimura
snishimura@bizpress.net

Aledo investor Larry White Jr. has purchased the historic New Isis theater in the Fort Worth Stockyards. 

White bought the 11,780-square-foot building and site at 2401 N. Main St. from Anastasia Talsma, who had the property listed for sale for years.

White holds the distinction of being the only purchaser of all four grand champion animals at the Fort Worth Stock Show’s annual Sale of Champions. White could not be immediately reached for comment.

Trey Presswood of Panther Real Estate Solutions represented Talsma. Eric Walsh of HGC Commercial represented White.

The Tarrant Appraisal District valued the property at $438,170 for market purposes in its 2014 valuations. The building was constructed in 1936 replacing a previous theater on the site. 

According to J'Nell Pate's Fort Worth Stockyards book, the building traces its roots to a medicine show at the stockyards. Louis Tidball, a North Fort Worth banker, took over the medicine show when t he owner was unable to pay  off a loan. A film show that was part of the medicine show was a part of the medicine show and Tidball then built the original building in 1913. 
 

< back

Email   email
hide
Catch
How 'bout them Cowboys?