Join The Discussion

 

Group buys former Armour meatpacking site in Stockyards

The 16.8-acre site of the historic, former Armour meatpacking plant in Fort Worth’s Stockyards has changed hands, and its new owners aren’t saying anything about their plans. Chesapeake Land Development Co., which bought the site

read more >

Fresh Ebola fears hit airline stocks

DALLAS (AP) — News that a nurse diagnosed with Ebola flew on a plane full of passengers raised fear among airline investors that the scare over the virus could cause travelers to avoid flying.

read more >

Social House Fort Worth plans to open mid-November

Social House has leased 5,045 square feet at 2801-2873 W Seventh St. in Fort Worth, according to Xceligent Inc.

read more >

Ski Grand Prairie? TCU, UTA grad helping bring snow to Metroplex

For Levi Davis last week may have been a career peak, in more ways than one.

read more >

GE rises most in year with equipment order increases, including at Fort Worth locomotive unit

NEW YORK — General Electric Co. beat analysts' profit estimates in the third quarter as Chief Executive Officer Jeffrey Immelt squeezed more costs from the manufacturing units.

read more >

New Isis theater has new owner

The New Isis Theater. Photo by Robert Francis

Scott Nishimura
snishimura@bizpress.net

Aledo investor Larry White Jr. has purchased the historic New Isis theater in the Fort Worth Stockyards. 

White bought the 11,780-square-foot building and site at 2401 N. Main St. from Anastasia Talsma, who had the property listed for sale for years.

White holds the distinction of being the only purchaser of all four grand champion animals at the Fort Worth Stock Show’s annual Sale of Champions. White could not be immediately reached for comment.

Trey Presswood of Panther Real Estate Solutions represented Talsma. Eric Walsh of HGC Commercial represented White.

The Tarrant Appraisal District valued the property at $438,170 for market purposes in its 2014 valuations. The building was constructed in 1936 replacing a previous theater on the site. 

According to J'Nell Pate's Fort Worth Stockyards book, the building traces its roots to a medicine show at the stockyards. Louis Tidball, a North Fort Worth banker, took over the medicine show when t he owner was unable to pay  off a loan. A film show that was part of the medicine show was a part of the medicine show and Tidball then built the original building in 1913. 
 

< back

Email   email
hide
Ebola
How worried are you about Ebola spreading?