Join The Discussion

 

Obama calls for offshore drilling in Southeast

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration on Tuesday outlined a politically fraught plan for allowing oil and gas drilling offshore along parts of the Atlantic coast while imposing new restrictions on environmentally fragile waters off northern Alaska.

read more >

Alliance's Hillwood Commons lands first tenant

A large title insurance, property valuation and settlement services company is the first tenant at Hillwood Commons I, an office complex at Alliance Town Center.

read more >

Museum District: Area’s evolution creating more interaction, public spaces

Fifteen years ago if someone had shot a cannon from Fort Worth’s world-renowned museum district, nobody would have noticed, joked Lori Eklund, senior deputy director of the Amon Carter Museum of American Art. But that has changed.

read more >

Energy Transfer Partners, Regency Energy announce $18B merger

Energy Transfer Partners LP of Dallas and Regency Energy Partners LP have entered into a definitive merger agreement.

read more >

American Airlines' first 787 Dreamliner arrives at D/FW

American is preparing the plane to begin service sometime in the second quarter.

read more >

 

New Isis theater has new owner

The New Isis Theater. Photo by Robert Francis

Scott Nishimura
snishimura@bizpress.net

Aledo investor Larry White Jr. has purchased the historic New Isis theater in the Fort Worth Stockyards. 

White bought the 11,780-square-foot building and site at 2401 N. Main St. from Anastasia Talsma, who had the property listed for sale for years.

White holds the distinction of being the only purchaser of all four grand champion animals at the Fort Worth Stock Show’s annual Sale of Champions. White could not be immediately reached for comment.

Trey Presswood of Panther Real Estate Solutions represented Talsma. Eric Walsh of HGC Commercial represented White.

The Tarrant Appraisal District valued the property at $438,170 for market purposes in its 2014 valuations. The building was constructed in 1936 replacing a previous theater on the site. 

According to J'Nell Pate's Fort Worth Stockyards book, the building traces its roots to a medicine show at the stockyards. Louis Tidball, a North Fort Worth banker, took over the medicine show when t he owner was unable to pay  off a loan. A film show that was part of the medicine show was a part of the medicine show and Tidball then built the original building in 1913. 
 

< back

Email   email
hide
Catch
How 'bout them Cowboys?