Join The Discussion

 

Group buys former Armour meatpacking site in Stockyards

The 16.8-acre site of the historic, former Armour meatpacking plant in Fort Worth’s Stockyards has changed hands, and its new owners aren’t saying anything about their plans. Chesapeake Land Development Co., which bought the site

read more >

Hulen Pointe Shopping Center sold

Hulen Pointe Shopping Center, located in southwest Fort Worth on South Hulen Street one mile south of Hulen Mall, has been purchased by Addison-based Bo Avery with TriMarsh Properties for an undisclosed price.

read more >

Dallas-Fort Worth in top five commercial real estate markets in 2015

According to the Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2015 report, just co-published by PwC US and the Urban Land Institute (ULI), Dallas-Fort Worth ranks No. 5, with two other Texas cities, Houston and Austin ranking at No. 1 and 2 respectively. San Francisco ranks No. 3 and Denver No. 4.

read more >

Social House Fort Worth plans to open mid-November

Social House has leased 5,045 square feet at 2801-2873 W Seventh St. in Fort Worth, according to Xceligent Inc.

read more >

Fort Worth temporarily stops issuing new home permits in TCU area

The moratorium will give a committee and the City Council time to review a proposed overlay that will pare the number of permissible unrelated adults living in the same house.

read more >

Forest Park Boulevard closes for 10 days
 

A. Lee Graham

Reporter

 

Forest Park Boulevard between West Fifth and West 10th streets will close for 10 days beginning Thursday Sept. 19, weather permitting.

 

Prompting the closure is ongoing West Seventh Street Bridge construction, with crews needing Forest Park temporarily closed to complete final work on the bridge structure.

 

The West Seventh Street Bridge is considered a gateway between downtown and the Cultural District. Through a partnership between the city of Fort Worth and the Texas Department of Transportation, a new reinforced concrete “through-arch” signature bridge is being constructed.

 

TxDOT designed the bridge with six arch spans across the Trinity River intended to improve safety and pedestrian access. The original bridge was built in 1913 and extended in 1953 when the river was re-channelized.

 

lgraham@bizpress.net

 

< back

Email   email
hide
Ebola
How worried are you about Ebola spreading?