Join The Discussion
Calendar: July 2013July 13, 2013
The American Advertising Federation of Fort Worth will host a monthly luncheon from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Joe T Garcia’s La Puertita located at 2201 N. Commerce St. in Fort Worth. Heath Nielson, associate athletics director of communication at Baylor University, will discuss the strategy that put Baylor football in the national spotlight and make Robert Griffin III (RG3) Baylor’s first-ever Heisman Trophy winner in 2011. The cost to attend for nonmembers is $35, professionals or members of another AAF $20 and students $15. For information go to www.aaffortworth.com.
Wed / 17
• TMAC will host Learn @ Lunch: How to Improve Your Bottom Line Using Low-Cost, High-Impact Sensorization Strategies from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Bob Duncan Center located at 2800 S. Center St. in Arlington. For information go to www.tmac.org.
Thu / 18
• The Greater Fort Worth Real Estate Council’s Young Leaders Council will host a guided bus tour of AllianceTexas. The group will meet at 3 p.m. at Panther Island Pavilion’s west parking lot located at 395 Purcey St. in Fort Worth. Hillwood will host a reception and an overview of Alliance followed by a bus tour of Alliance.Drinks and light snacks will be served on the bus. The cost to attend is $30. For information contact Karen Vermaire Fox at 817- 480-1060 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat / 20
• The Parks at Arlington will host Saturday in The Parks from 1-4 p.m. in the mall’s lower level Samsung Galaxy Center Court located at Interstate 20 and Cooper St. in Arlington. The annual event offers children indoor activities with games, prizes and crafts. An adult must stay with children during the event. For information go to www.theparksatarlington.com or call 817-467-2757.
Wed / 24
• The University of Texas at Arlington, Cross Timbers Procurement Center, the SBDC for Enterprise Excellence and TMAC will host the 17th Annual Government Procurement Conference from noon to 6 p.m. at the Arlington Convention Center located at 1200 Ballpark Way in Arlington. The conference will provide educational and learning opportunities for small businesses wishing to sell to local, state and federal government and their prime contractors. For information contact Caitlin Johnson at 817-272-0543 or email@example.com or go to www.gpc-texas.org.
• Fort Worth Sister Cities International will host Global Fluency in the Classroom from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Fort Worth Country Day School’s Martin Center located at 4200 Country Day Lane. The cost to attend is $45 at the door and includes lunch, resources, one-year membership to Fort Worth Sister Cities International and a program certificate. Educators from Swaziland, Japan, Italy and Mexico will discuss ways to connect with each other and improve global fluency for students. RSVP by July 17 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-632-7100.
Thu / 25
• The Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Latino Young Professionals group will host Christmas in July from 4:30-10 p.m. at Rockin’ the River at Panther Island Pavilion located at 395 Purcey St. in Fort Worth. For information go to www.fwhcc.org.
Sat / 27
• The National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum will host a Western Heritage Symposium from 9 a.m. to noon at the museum located at 3400 Mount Vernon Ave. in Fort Worth. Registration and continental breakfast begin at 8 a.m. Presenters are Tricia Martineau Wagner, a North Carolina author, teacher and reading specialist and Albert S. Broussard, professor of history at Texas A&M University. The symposium facilitator is W. Marvin Dulaney, associate professor of history at UT Arlington. For information call 817-922-9999 or email email@example.com.
Tue / 30
• The Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce will host the Impact Your Business Series luncheon at Joe T. Garcia’s La Puertita located at 2201 N. Commerce St. in Fort Worth. Registration begins at 11:30 a.m. and the program follows at noon. The theme of the luncheon is Communications Etiquette: phone, email, social and written. Upper tier members pay $15, standard members $20. For information contact Brenda Dyer at 817-338-3399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sat / 3
• Tarrant County Public Health and the Immunization Collaboration of Tarrant County will offer back-to-school immunizations for Fort Worth ISD students from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Will Rogers Memorial Center located at 3400 Burnett Tandy Dr. in Fort Worth. Costs are $14 for one shot or $15 for two or more shots per child for children up to 18 years old. Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and Medicaid will be accepted. Parents are encouraged to bring their child’s shot record. For information and additional dates and locations contact the Immunization Collaboration of Tarrant County at 817-238-4448 or go to www.ictchome.org.
Send calendar items to email@example.com